Join the team of happy volunteers who keep the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre going and improving. Just fill out the contact form and someone will get back to you. No special qualifications are required, training is provided.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre. Online volunteer coordination is provided by:
Volunteer Management Scheduling Software
Provided byWhenToWork.com Online Employee Scheduling
- Be a docent for school and group programs. Docents lead small groups of children or other visitors at one activity station. Training is provided, and you have the opportunity to be creative too.
- Be a volunteer docent during the hours we are open to the public. Orientation is provided.
- Are you handy with a paint brush or a hammer? Help with maintenance and improvements at the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre.
- Help create new interpretive displays, bringing your arts, crafts, building, and design skills to scientific and environmental education.
- Join one of our other citizen science activities.
- Help the Cowichan Land Trust with office administration, fund raising, management, and other conservation activities.
- Join a committee to help operate, manage or raise funds to support the Nature Centre.
- Help put on a fund raising event.