Upcoming one day volunteering opportunity.
Date and Time: August 30th, 9-12 pm
Location: Westcan Terminal rd, at the pull out near new bridge.
What: We are looking for dedicated hands to help restore the critical habitat of the salt marshes near the new breach/bridge. Salt marshes act as a natural buffer between the land and ocean, and provide vital nutrients to the food chain
Who: We are looking for youth (Age 10+) and adults who enjoy getting their hands dirty, love community projects and co-creating a lasting impact.
Length of volunteer shift: 3 hours (program runs 2.5 hours, volunteers arrive 15 minutes early and 15 minutes post to help with set up/clean up
Join the team of happy volunteers who keep the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre going and improving. Just fill out the contact form and someone will get back to you. No special qualifications are required, training is provided.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre.
– Be a nature interpreter for school and group programs. Program volunteers lead small groups of children or other visitors at an activity station. Training is provided, and you have the opportunity to be creative too.
- Be a volunteer nature interpreter and welcome visitors during the hours we are open to the public. Orientation is provided as well as ongoing skills development opportunities!
- Are you handy with a paint brush or a hammer? Help with maintenance and improvements at the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre.
- Help create new interpretive displays, bringing your arts, crafts, building, and design skills to scientific and environmental education.
- Join one of our other citizen science activities.
- Join a committee to help operate, manage or raise funds to support the Nature Centre.
- Help put on a fundraising event.
Contact us today! We’d love to have you join the team.