JUST A FEW SPOTS LEFT & Bursaries still available – email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration
On Tuesday, July 2nd, we will be hosting our annual Youth Leadership and Team Building Training for youth ages 14-18. The training workshop will take place at the Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre from 9-4 pm. Lunch is included. The cost is $25-$45 (sliding scale) and we have bursaries available. Just tell us why you’d like to attend.
This day-long interactive workshop for budding change-makers will provide lots of opportunities to learn and practice leadership and team building skills. Our focus this year is “engagement for healthy watersheds and climate action.” The day will include First Nations perspectives, stories from elders and a chance to learn about how our stories tap into shared values, connect us in relationships and create positive change. There will be opportunities to explore and practice group leadership and team-building skills with others in a natural setting – and have fun! Our facilitation team includes Laura Cuthbert from Organize BC and Kim Lagimodiere, Cowichan Watershed Board educator and Cowichan Tribes biologist. It’s going to be an amazing interactive day.
There will also be post-workshop opportunities for youth to be out in nature and put their leadership and team building skills into action on water conservation and hands-on watershed restoration projects in the Cowichan and Koksilah Watershed this summer – and to get volunteer credits for school.
How to Register
If you would like to pay $45 on the sliding scale you can pay online through Eventbrite (to choose another amount on the sliding scale or ask for a bursary just email your application to Karlie at email@example.com or, see below for more options):
- Please indicate your preferred payment method on the application form (below) and either 1) email the completed form to Karlie at firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) drop it off in person at the Nature Centre, or 3)mail it to:
Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre, Box 5
Cowichan Bay, British Columbia, Canada V0R 1N0
- You can pay online here through the Eventbrite page , however…
- Eventbrite doesn’t offer a sliding scale option, so to pay less that $45 on the sliding scale you’ll need to:
- pay in person at the Nature Centre by debit or cash,
- mail your application with a cheque made payable to Cowichan Estuary Nature Centre,
- ask us about an e-transfer, or
- apply for a full bursary.
If you would like to apply for a bursary it’s easy:
- Please check “yes” when you fill out the application form below to apply for a bursary. Tell us in a sentence or two why you’d like to attend and how a bursary would be helpful to you. We want this workshop to be accessible, so please ask, and get your application to us as described above!!